Thursday, December 6, 2012

progress

I have been on The Diet for more than 4 months now, though not always consistently. Yesterday morning, my wondeful friend April asked, as she was dropping off GAPS approved food for this week, how I was doing. I said, "Inside feels better [meaning my gut] but the joints are the same."

Later in the afternoon, however, one of my students said, "You're walking without your cane!" And she did a little happy dance. I was walking without it because I was carrying something, but it is true that I am able to do that more often.

Then last night as I was changing for bed, I realized my shoulder is more mobile. I have lost significant amounts of weight over the past year (long before this Diet), and I went from a 2x to a 1x, but I also have one polo that is XL. It fits, but I have trouble getting it off because of the loss of mobility in my shoulder. I use my right arm to pull it over my head until my arms come out of it.

Last night I pulled my arm out normally, and I stopped.

I just did that normally.

So there must be improved mobility in the shoulder and elbow.

And then this morning I left my apartment without my cane. I realized it as I was going up the steps, so I didn't get very far, but


WOOT!

That's progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment